Thursday, June 5, 2008

There and Back - An Overnight Trip to Huntsville

My dad had a conference in Huntsville this week so, yesterday, we drove up and spent the last night with him. Yesterday we arrived, swam in the hotel pool and visited with two families we "know". One family was the cubbies leader for my second oldest brother (so none of us really knew who they were) and the other family went to our church in CA about nine years ago. Today we went to the Space and Rocket Center. I took lots of pictures but will have to wait till tomorrow to share them. Some of the highlights were the rides. The Space Shot, the G-force simulator, the 'Mars' climbing wall and Mars Mission ride.

And, as I said, I will post pictures tomorrow IF people who have seen the museum will comment and let me know what their favorite part was.

2 comments:

Ana Smith said...

Hmmm...I've been to the Space Museum several times, I'm really not into spacecraft or thrill rides, so I guess my favorite part would be the history I learned. Although, one time I saw an IMAX about a space lab that was pretty cool.

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

I don't know what it was called, but you swung back and forth. When you came down, you and a buddy pushed off with your feet. I remember it being fun, but I dunno if I'd do it now!